From iconic buildings to rusty vintage industrial factories, Budapest's range of locations is rivalled by none. Through our free locations advice service we can help you find exactly what you need.
Among the many locations on offer in Budapest are:
- Iconic Parisian-style cafes
- Rusty old industrial and urban cityscapes
- Vintage and retro interiors
- Modern and minimalist loft conversions
- Riverside views and bridges
- Woodland spaces
- Rooftop panoramic views
- Metro stations and underground tunnels
- Historic buildings
- Landscaped parks
And although Budapest is often used to represent itself, it has also been put to good use as a double for other parts of the world such as the Paris, Prague and other European countries.
Full service Production management
We have a large locations directory with hundreds of locations available upon request.
Our location managers with good working knowledge of Budapest will be invaluable in helping your project run smoothly:
- Find locations, negotiate with owners and agree
- Be adept at negotiating permission to film in public spaces, with a thorough understanding of the requirements of Local Authorities
- Be trained in Hungary Health & Safety regulations
- Have experience of liaising with the police for traffic management
Still have questions? Call us on +36 1 787 6538 or email email@example.com.
By choosing us, you’re guaranteed to slash the price of your film production in Hungary. Our wages are low, hotels and services are affordable, and there are good change rates from pounds, euros and dollars to the Hungarian Forint. On average, Filmreaktor’s production costs are 30-35% below that of Germany and the UK and 25-35 per cent less than the Czech Republic. Based on ‘local spend’, both cinema and TV productions shot with Filmreaktor in Hungary are eligible for a 20% tax rebate. Designed to maintain Hungary’s appeal for high profile productions, the scheme is one of the most generous in Europe; forming part of the film support programme approved by the European Commission in 2008. The incentive is available through local businesses, and we’re here to help.
get THE GUIDE
It's all here packed in a PDF. All of it. And not only does this totally unique guide cover everything you need to know, it also helps visualising distances, locations and costs. Never again will you forget any the essential facts about Hungary without needing Google.